At Battleground Eye Care, you will receive an eye exam probably unlike any you have had before. We do much more than just check your vision and get a glasses prescription. Our exams are thoroughly comprehensive and employ computerized state-of-the-art eye equipment to maximize efficiency. We find that our extensive use of technology and highly trained staff allows the doctors to spend more one-on-one time with our patients, rather than just collecting data.
Our exams are thoroughly comprehensive and employ computerized state-of-the-art eye equipment to maximize efficiency.
Your Eye Health and Vision Exam will include:
- Visual field screening – detects presence of glaucoma, macular degeneration, stroke, tumors, and other neurological problems.
- Glaucoma testing – 3 specific test are used on every patient
- Retinal photos – taken with a high resolution digital camera. This allows the doctor to find underlying retinal disease such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, detachments, diabetes, and many others. Results are reviewed on the exam room computers with the doctor
- Anterior segment photos – high resolution digital photos of the front of the eye or surrounding structures to help follow certain conditions and eye disease.
- Complete Biomicroscopic Exam of the outer and inner eye to check for diseases such as dry eyes, contact lens complications, and cataracts
- Refraction (eyeglass prescription) – checked twice for accuracy
- Dilation to check for vitreo-retinal disease such as glaucoma, vitreous and/or retinal detachments, cancer, and complications from systemic disease such as diabetes, hypertension, and Plaquenil therapy
- Blood pressure check – We are sometimes the only doctor our patients see in a given year. A surprising number have undiagnosed hypertension.
- Contact lens fitting – See below for more about our popular contact lens services.
- We also use other specialty testing equipment such as corneal topography and wavefront analysis to treat and manage eye disease. Children also receive color vision and depth perception testing.